1ST ANNUAL BATTLE OF THE BEEF COOK-OFF
Sponsored by Hillsborough County CattleWomen
Date: Sunday, September 26th- 10:00 AM
Place: Hillsborough County Fairgrounds Entertainment Building
Entry Fee: $20 per Team
- Team will consist of 2 People (all ages). Team will consist of 1 chef and 1 Assistant. We encourage each team to name your team, wear t-shirts, hats, etc. make it fun! Each team member will be supplied a “BEEF ” apron.
- Each Team must BRING TO THE CONTEST, 1 lb of their favorite Beef cut, a favorite frying pan and any other pan or utensils they will need to prepare their meal and the “Beef”recipe printed on a 3” x 5” card to be given to the judges.
- HCCW will supply a food pantry that may have the following items that may be used to prepare your dish/recipe:
Green peppers, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Contestants must bring with them any other ingredients they may need to prepare their dish.
- All entries must be completely prepared during contest. No pre-cooked meals will be accepted.
- (1) hot plate burner will be supplied by HCCW to cook on at each station.
- At the beginning of the contest, each Team will draw for a secret ingredient that must be used in your meal.
- You will be given 1 hour to prepare your meal. Do not start until the COWBELL sounds.
- At the end of the hour, each team will present their meal to the team of 3 judges. Each judge will have a score sheet based on the following:
Taste: 1-10 points
Use of BEEF: 1-10 points
Presentation of plate: 1-10 points
Oral Description of their recipe: 1-10 points
Use of Secret Ingredient: 1-10 points
TOTAL POSSIBL POINTS = 50
- 1st Place – $300 Beef Certificates
- 2nd Place – $200 Beef Certificates
- 3rd Place – $100 Beef Certificates
Beef Certificates can be used at any grocer store. i.e. Publix, Winn Dixie