Demo Derby Rules Hillsborough County Fair 2021
THIS IS A STOCK EVENT. ANY PRE-RACED or PRE-BENT VEHICLE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER. NO TUCKING OR WELDING OF EXTRA METAL ALLOWED.
Any 1980 or newer 4 cyl., V-6 CAR, MINI – VAN or STATION WAGON with a wheel base of 102” or larger is eligible to compete. NO STRAIGHT 6 cyl, OR V-8 cars, NO 4 WHEEL OR ALL WHEEL DRIVE CARS WILL BE ALLOWED !!!
2021 GENERAL RULES – HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FAIR- DEMO DERBY
The general rules as well as the car rules are developed with the driver’s safety as the number one concern. We do admit that demos are a dangerous sport and Hillsborough County Fair assumes no liability in the result of injury competing in this event.
- Drivers meeting will be held one hour before the event is to start to explain rules and flags. Any car protest must be made at this time. All drivers must attend.
- No getting out of cars until the derby is over. If not observed, all winnings will be forfeited and driver will be disqualified.
- All cars must be on the grounds one-hour before event to be inspected. Any cars arriving late will not be eligible to compete unless prior arrangements have been made.
- All cars must be removed by 12:00 noon the following day or they will become the property of the local salvage yard.
- The driver must be at least 18 years old to drive. Women may compete with the men if they desire. You must be able to prove age upon request to drive, or have a notarized release signed by parent or guardian. Driver under the age of 18 may compete, but must have a notarized statement from parent or guardian. No one under the age of 16.
- Approved racing helmets must be worn at all times. Goggles or a face shield, fire suit or long sleeve shirt must be worn. Long pants and shoes are mandatory. If a driver removes his/her helmet while the event is taking place they will forfeit all winnings and be disqualified for the night.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct will cause your car to be disqualified. The judge’s decision will be final.
- No liquor or intoxicating beverages allowed in the pit area. Possession of alcohol in pits could result in disqualification of your car.
- A driver that receives a black flag for sandbagging or an intentional door hit will be disqualified.
- No direct hits in the driver’s door (judgment call on direct hits by head steward). If door comes open or fan is exposed you are disqualified.
- The purpose of the derby is to provide entertainment for the spectators. Anyone not complying with the rules will be barred from the event.
- If your car is found illegal, no entries will be refunded. (Cars should be bought legal). Not having a set of rules is not our fault. The fair board or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any entries.
- Cars must have a VIN stamp on car or title to prove the correct year.
- The driver is the only person allowed around the car while their car is being inspected.
Cars will be disqualified if rule is not followed.