To provide funds for educational assistance at the Post High School level for qualified students from Hillsborough County.
Value of Scholarship:
The Hillsborough County CattleWomen will be awarding one $250.00 scholarship.
- Applicant must be a current Hillsborough County Resident.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior
- Applicant must be an active 4-H or FFA member who is exhibiting a livestock project at the 2021 Hillsborough County Fair.
The scholarship will be administered by a committee which consists of representatives from the Hillsborough County Cattlewomen’s Association.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIP:
Scholarship winner will be announced at the annual Hillsborough County Fair Beef Show Awards Programs on September 26th 2021. The scholarship will not be paid until a letter of enrollment and a current schedule from the school they are attending is submitted to the Hillsborough County CattleWomen. The initial collection of scholarship must be within two years of high school graduation.
- STEPS FOR APPLYING
Type or print application form.
- Submit at least 3 recommendation letters addressed to the Hillsborough County Cattlewomen’s Scholarship Committee, from any community or organizational leaders. Your high school principal, employer (s), guidance counselors, minister or student may provide these club advisors, among others.
- Submit a current sealed official transcript.
- Submit typed essay at least 250 words, but not more than 500 words, explaining your college ambitions, tentative career plans, and any arrangements you may have already made this regard. The essay should sell you as the best candidate to receive the scholarship award.
- Submit a listing of your high school and extra-curricular clubs and activities. Be sure to include names and current phone numbers or advisors, principals, or other for verification purposes.
- Submit a listing of your scholarship achievements (honors and awards), agriculture activities (FFA, 4-H), part-time and or summer employment, including responsibilities, and any other special awards or activities from your high school years.
- SCRAPBOOK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- DEADLINE – Application and all supportive materials must be compiled and mailed under single cover to the Hillsborough County Cattlewomen’s Association, c/o Vina Jean Banks, P.O. Box 3, Balm, FL 33503 and postmarked by September 10th, 2021
SCHOLARSHIP CHECK LIST
DEADLINE: POSTMARKED BY September 10th 2021