Online Registration begins July 31st
- Registration begins July 31st Online – Deadline to sign up is 5:30pm September 25th (or until 20 contestants have signed up) Due to time constraints this contest is limited to the first 20 contestants to sign-up. Contest starts 7 pm
- Entry is FREE for contestant with gate admission to the fair. Limited to first 20 contestants.
- Contestants must be 16 or older to compete.
- Contestants are encouraged to provide their own music (ie: CDG format/mp3) or music will be provided from a music catalog at time of registration.
- This is a two (2) round contest. The top 10 will return to perform a second (2nd) song to determine 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place. Contestants will be asked to list 3 songs on entry form. Please bring all music with you the night of the contest.
- This is an amateur competition. You are considered an amateur if you are not under a recording contract of any kind.
- This is a Family Environment Contest. All songs must be clean and in good taste. NO vulgar words/language will be permitted/allowed.
- You cannot change your song selection after the registration has closed.
- Each contestant will be judged on a point system according to the following categories:
- Voice Quality
- Stage Presence
- Entertainment Value
Contestants will be rated on a point system for each category. Judges will score each contestant, in each category, with a score from 1-10 with 10 being the most and 1 the least. Once all contestants have performed, scores from each judge will be tallied and an overall score from each judge will be recorded.
Each judge’s individual scorecard will then be sorted in order of points and contestants will be ranked accordingly with the point total receiving a ”1”, second highest a “2” and so on. The “ranking” scores will then be totaled and an overall winner and second place finisher will be determined.
In the event of a tie for first or second place, the corresponding contestants will perform an additional song and those scores will be used to determine the placing. If a tie still remains the judges will vote to break the tie by majority rule.
- Judging: Performances will be judged by a panel of 3 judges, all decisions are final.
- Cash Prizes and trophies to be awarded as follows:
1st Place $250, 2nd Place $150, 3rd Place $100
- Registration is online; Sign-up begins July 31st. This is on a first come first serve basis. The Hillsborough County Fair Association, Inc. does not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, sex, disability, religion or national origin.
- Submitting an application, allows the Hillsborough County Fair Association to film and photograph the contestant during the contest.
- Only contestants will be allowed on stage and props are prohibited. Solo acts only will be permitted.
- Registered contestants are required to check-in 30 minutes prior to the start time of the event. Failure to do so could jeopardize your spot in the competition.
- Order of appearance will be determined by a blind draw and posted prior to the start of each contest
ALL DECISIONS BY THE JUDGES ARE FINAL. ARGUING WITH OUR JUDGES COULD POSSIBLE GET YOU DISQUALIFIED!