2021 FAIR THEME: From Wagon Wheels to Ferris Wheels!
Rules for Contest
- Hay Bale Decorating Contest is open to all 4-H Clubs, FFA Chapters, Boy or Girl Scout Troop, Youth Sports Team, or any organized youth group in Hillsborough County.
- Hay Bales will be decorated ON-SITE at the 2021 Hillsborough County Fair.
- Entry forms must be received by Sept 1, 2021 and must include a sketch and/or diagram of decorations and theme and number of hay bales are limited!
- All entrants will be notified by phone or e-mail if they have been selected to participate.
- The County Fair will provide one round bale for each participating group. Hay bales will be available for decoration between Monday, Sept 13 and Sunday, Sept 19.
- Hay bales must be decorated no later than Monday, Sept 20, 2021. Judging will take place by before the fair opens on Thursday, Sept 23.
- Decorations must be of a good, clean, wholesome nature and fitting with the overall theme and atmosphere of the fair. No vulgar or suggestive decorations will be allowed.
- Bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end. A maximum of 5 square bales for decoration, feet, or props etc. is allowed. Placement of bale and additional bale usage MUST BE stated on the entry form and included in the sketch. The area for the bale and additional items must not exceed a 10×10 space.
- Latex paint may be used. No oil based or toxic materials can be used.
- Decorations should be weather proof and wind proof.
- Commercial signage, advertisements or political party signs are NOT
- Bale will stay decorated and on display at the fair through the fair dates and decorations may not be removed before Mon., October 4, 2021
- The Hillsborough County Fair, its’ volunteers, directors, or agents are not responsible for lost, stolen, and/or damaged property.
PRIZES WILL BE ISSUED TO THE TOP THREE GROUPS IN EACH OF THE CATEGORIES:
BEST DECORATED BALE FOR FAIR THEME BEST DECORATED BALE FOR OVERALL FAIR DESIGN BEST DECORATED BALE FOR FAIR AWARENESS (DATES, INVITATION TO FAIR, ETC)
1st Place – $150 2nd Place – $75 3rd Place – $50 For each category